Home Delivered Meals
The Home Delivered Meals Program is funded through the Home and Community Care Block Grant (HCCBG). The Program provides a nutritious meal to persons who live in Caldwell County, and who meets the following criteria:
• Must be age 60 or over
• Mentally or physically unable to obtain food or prepare meals
• Has no one responsible person who is able and willing to perform this service
• Unable to participate in the Congregate Nutrition Program because of physical or mental impairment
• The spouse of an older person, if one or the other is homebound by reason of illness or incapacitating disability
• Dietary needs must be met through the meals offered, Meals are delivered by volunteers. The routes are limited.
How Can I Find Out More Information?
To see if you are eligible to participate in the Home Delivered Meals program, you are encouraged to call us at: (828) 758-4290 Ext. 6 or 8 or at (828) 438-6255.