Adult Day Center
Our Adult Day Services program is uniquely designed for the elderly and/or disabled adults needing a safe, nurturing, stimulating, and enriching atmosphere.
These services are available as a community resource to assist primary caregivers.
Our Adult Day Program offers opportunities for socialization, outings, creative arts, and therapeutic and recreational activities.
Our program touches lives and lifts the spirits of adults who have been afflicted by Alzheimer’s, stroke, depression, dementia, and the aging process.
Our center is certified by the Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Aging.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Eligible?
Adults 18 years of age or older are welcome at ADC
• Adults in need of medical and/or nutritional monitoring
• In need of assistance with the activities of daily living
• Must have adequate mobility (able to assist with transfers)
• Must be continent
• Must be able to feed self (unless a medical condition requires assistance)
• Individual care plans tailored to individual needs and interests
• Breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack
• Self-care programs like blood pressure checks, modified exercise, daily living activities
• Administering of medication
• Activities include music, arts and crafts, health & and wellness education, seasonal/birthday celebrations, inter-generational activities, health monitoring, personal care, and alternative therapies.
• When funding allows, ADC clients enjoy community field trips to places like state parks, history museums, movie theatres, and sporting events.
How Do We Pay?
Call the center at 828-438-6255 x1123 for more information
• Private pay charges based on level of care
• Medicaid for those who quality through the Community Alternative Program (CAP)
• Home & Community Care Block Grant
• VA (Veterans Affairs) for those who are enrolled in primary care at the VA and meet the criteria.
ADC costs $45-$57 per day, depending on the level of care needed. Financial assistance may be available based on slots.
Come Join The Fun!
Interested in enrolling someone into the BRCA Adult Day Center?
Follow the steps below to get started!
Call (828) 438-6255 ext. 1-123
After an initial interview and needs assessment, each client can spend a trial half-day (up to 4 hours) at the center at no charge. This trial session is used to help the client adjust to their new surroundings and determine the level of care needed.
Following this, the caregiver, client, and staff will meet to discuss the level of care and the date to start the program.