Our Adult Day Services program is uniquely designed specifically for elderly and/or adults needing a safe, nurturing, stimulating, enriching atmosphere. These services are available as a community resource to assist primary caregivers.
Our Adult Day Program offers opportunities for socialization, outings, creative arts, therapeutic and recreational activities. Our program touches lives and lifts spirits of adults who have been afflicted by Alzheimer’s, stroke, depression, dementia, and the aging process.
Our center is certified by the Department of Health & Human Services, Division of Aging.
The center is located at: Quaker Meadows Generations, 800 North Green Street, Morganton, NC 28655.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 7:00 am – 4:00 pm
Who is eligible?
• Adults 18 years of age or older
• Need medical and/or nutritional monitoring
• Assistance with the activities of daily living
• Adequate mobility (able to assist with transfers)
• Must be able to feed self (unless medical condition requires assistance)
• Relief for caregivers
What services are provided?
• Individual care plans
• Breakfast, lunch & afternoon snack - Click to Read - USDA Statement
• Self-care programs, such as blood pressure checks, modified exercise & assistance with activities of daily living
• Administering of medication
• Activities include: Music, Arts & Crafts, Health & Wellness Education, Seasonal/Birthday celebrations, Inter-generation activities, Health monitoring, Personal care, and Alternative therapies.
Who is on staff?
• Center Director
• Activity Coordinator
• Program Aides
• Health Care Coordinator (R.N.)
• Client/Staff Ratio 1:6
What are methods of payment?
• Private pay charges based on level of care
• Medicaid for those who quality through the Community Alternative Program (CAP)
• Financial assistance may be available based on slots
• Home & Community Care Block Grant
• VA (Veterans Affairs) for those who are enrolled in primary care at the VA and meet the criteria.
• Call the center for more information.
What does the program cost?
• $45 - $57 / day based on level of care
How do you enroll?
• Call (828) 438-6255 ext. 1115
• After an initial interview and assessment of needs, each client can spend a trial half-day (up to 4 hours) at the center at no charge. This trial session is used to help the client become adjusted to their new surroundings and to determine the level of care needed.
• Following this, the caregiver, client, and staff will meet to discuss the level of care and the date to start the program.
Adult Day Care provided services to 40 elderly and disabled adults in need of assistance with daily living. Services were provided 5 days per week at the Adult Day Care Center located in the Quaker Meadows Generations facility. This program is supported by the Donald & Betty Taylor Endowment Fund administered by The Community Foundation of Burke County.